Portugal is an ocean country, with hundreds of beaches to fall in love with. Families, couples, surfers, nature lovers, scubadivers, fishing lovers… there is always a place for everyone to enjoy in our hundreds of quilometers of coastline. In fact, after a long winter, and a even longer confinement, we are going back to the dunes, the water and the sunshine, with a few rules to ensure everyone is safe. If you want to skip the crowds, these are our 12 best empty beaches in Portugal.
Surely the Algarve, on our south coast, is the best known beach area in Portugal. But anywhere in the country, you are never far away from a great and calm spot.
Before packing, be sure to know the oficial regulations to enjoy your day at the beach:
- Ensure the physical safety distance of 1,5 meters (around 5 feet) between users when acessing and using the beach and when bathing
- Ensure the physical safety distance of 3 meters (around 10 feet) between groups while sunbathing
- Use mask when acessing the beach and when the physical safety distance is not possible
- At the beach bar, sanitary facilitiesWear shoes and mask, disinfect your hands and keep a safe distance from others.
- Respect the occupation limit established by the authorities and displayed on the website or App ‘Infopraia’
These are our pick for the 12 best empty beaches in Portugal.